Terms & Conditions of your IASC Membership
Terms & Conditions of Service
Please be aware that in using this website and applying for membership of the International Association of Style Coaches™ (commonly referred to as ‘IASC’) you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions:
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Member”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “The membership”, “We” and “Us”, refers to our Company (Style Coaching Ltd). “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Member and ourselves, or either the Member or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Member in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Member’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing English Law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
Each time you renew your membership, you will be deemed to have reconfirmed your acceptance of this agreement. Style Coaching Ltd reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
Membership is non-transferable and non-transmissible. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
There are two categories of membership:
(a) Affiliate Membership (for Style Coach™ trainees currently enrolled on an IASC-Accredited Style Coach™ Training Programme but who have not yet gained graduate status). Important update: Applications for Affiliate Membership are currently closed.
(b) Accredited Membership (for Certified Style Coaches™ who have graduated from an IASC-Accredited Style Coach™ Training Programme only)
Acceptance as a member of IASC is at our sole discretion, but if your application is denied for any reason, then all membership dues will be refunded. Please note that due to the potential for a conflict of interests, IASC is unable to approve membership applications made by individuals who are directly or indirectly involved with any business that offers image training courses which educate or certify individuals in either image consultancy, personal styling, personal shopping, fashion consultancy, “Style Coaching” or “Image Coaching” (using this specific terminology, or translations of this terminology) and / or individuals making full or partial usage of copyrighted methods, training materials, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property owned by Style Coaching Ltd. This covenant serves to protect legitimate business interests in its confidential information and Intellectual Property and extends no further than is reasonably necessary to protect those interests.
You warrant that all information provided to us on application for membership is true and accurate at the point of submission. Failure to provide true and accurate information may result in an application for membership being refused or membership being revoked and in such circumstances, there will be no refund of the membership subscription fee.
Membership subscriptions are available to pay annually or monthly and prices are the same for all categories of membership.
- Monthly Membership Fees (correct from October 2019): £15 GBP per month (minimum 3 months)
- Annual Membership Fees (correct from October 2019): £150 per annum
Members are required to pay for their membership at the time of application and then every month or annually there following on the subscription renewal date. We may terminate your membership and remove you from all our platforms if your payment fails and we are unable to contact you to collect this.
Please be aware that if you have been a member of the International Association of Style Coaches™ prior to October 2019 and have set your membership to automatic renewal, you will be permitted to continue your membership at your pre-existing subscription fee (Legacy Pricing). Remember, your subscription will automatically renew at the end of each billing period, as long as you have a valid payment method in your account and, of course, if sufficient funds are available. However, should your Legacy Subscription expire, lapse, or be cancelled for any reason, any previous discounts will expire with immediate effect and membership fees can only be charged at their current rates as advertised on our website.
If your existing membership (prior to October 2019) was not set up using one of our automatic renewal options then today’s membership fees will be applicable at the end of your current membership period. Your current membership will remain active until its expiry date, but because it won’t automatically renew, you won’t be able to re-purchase a Legacy Subscription that has now been removed from our website.
Style Coaching Ltd does not accept payment in the form of cheques or postal orders. Consequently, membership will cease with immediate effect until such time as any and all outstanding monies are recovered in full.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & TRADEMARKS
The trademarks “Style Coach”, “Style Coaching”, “Style Coaching Institute” and their associated logos are internationally registered by Tracey Redmond (Director of Style Coaching Ltd).
Accredited Members of the International Association of Style Coaches™ are authorised to represent themselves as “Accredited Style Coaches™” and use the “IASC Accredited Style Coach™” Members’ Logo during their membership.
Affiliate Members may, during the term of their Membership, use the standard IASC Members’ Logo on websites and promotional and other material to inform the public they are a member of the IASC.
You shall not amend the IASC Members’ Logo in any way, nor shall you use it in any way which may be considered to be misleading or to misrepresent the nature of your membership of or relationship with the IASC.
You recognise that all intellectual property rights remain vested in us and for the avoidance of doubt all your rights to use the IASC Members’ Logo shall immediately cease in the event that you stop being a member of IASC for whatever reason (which may include cancellation or termination of your membership). In such an eventuality you must immediately cease to use the IASC Members’ Logo including removing all usages from all websites, social media, promotional and other material.
All original content, features and functionality of the IASC membership site including (but not limited to) masterclasses, PDF downloads, worksheets, workbooks, text, images, graphics, music, videos, photographs, trademarks, logos, artwork and the design, selection, arrangement, and coordination of such content remains the exclusive property of the Company and is protected by copyright, trade dress, and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights laws.
No content from the IASC website may be shared with unauthorized persons, reproduced, recorded, retransmitted, sold, rented, broadcast, distributed, published, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, altered to make new works, performed, digitised, compiled, translated or transmitted in any way to any other computer, website or other medium or for any commercial purpose, without prior written consent of the Company
You acknowledge that the log-in details provided to you by the IASC are considered confidential information and that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your IASC account and password, including but not limited to the restriction of access to your computer and/or account. You agree to accept responsibility for any and all activities or actions that occur under your account and/or password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
Affiliate Membership of the IASC does not authorise you to represent yourself as a Style Coach™ and Accredited Memberships are subject to review. This membership level is currently CLOSED.
Unauthorised sharing, copying and reproduction of our Intellectual Property is strictly prohibited and the Company reserve the right to recover; loss of revenue, loss of profits and all other costs (including all legal cost) incurred in the enforcement of this clause. Financial damages alone would not be an adequate remedy for the breach of the provisions of this clause and the IASC shall be entitled to seek any legal remedy or relief to prevent any breach by the Member as is deemed proper by a court of competent jurisdiction.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES & THIRD PARTY CONTENT
Occasionally, we may provide links to third party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Style Coaching Ltd. We do not monitor or review the content of the other party’s websites which are linked to from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by Style Coaching Ltd and we should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material.
Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our members to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them.
You acknowledge and agree that Style Coaching Ltd shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such third party web sites or services.
You agree not to promote or sell any third-party services or products to fellow IASC members, and you acknowledge that it is strictly forbidden to share affiliate links within the community. Furthermore, you agree not to promote any multi-level marketing schemes and you understand that any attempt to entice IASC members into third-party business opportunities is prohibited. You will not attempt to direct mail or cold call fellow IASC members about services or products you wish to sell and understand that any attempt to do so will constitute an abuse of your privileges as an IASC member.
CODE OF ETHICS & COMMUNITY GUIDELINES (INC. STANDARDS OF CONDUCT FOR MEMBERS)
As a conditional requirement of membership, all IASC members are expected to adhere to our Code of Ethics, Community Guidelines and Standards of Conduct. We reserve the right to revoke your membership status if our guidelines are not followed.
- I will conduct myself in a manner which can only enhance the reputation of the personal styling and Style Coach™ brand. I will respect the membership I hold with the IASC and I understand that if I act in a manner which is damaging to the reputation of the community or wellbeing of any member of the community, then my membership may be permanently revoked and I may no longer be entitled to associate myself with the International Association of Style Coaches™.
- I will respect and remain faithful to confidentiality within my business, and I will not divulge any of the content of my sessions with personal styling clients except in the following circumstances: as authorised by the client in writing or as required by law. I will only use my clients’ name or photograph as references after having received their written permission to do so. I will communicate the issue of confidentiality to all clients prior to engaging in any business relationship, and I will honour the privacy of conversations and sessions held in trust.
- I will also respect the privacy and confidentiality of fellow IASC members, and I recognise that being part of the IASC community requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions between members are encouraged, but may also be sensitive and private. What’s shared in the group should stay in the group. Furthermore, I will not share sensitive or private information within the group if it breaches my client’s privacy or that of a third-party.
- I will not abuse my membership of the IASC to benefit my personal or professional interests outside of my personal styling career. Furthermore, I will conduct myself in a manner which is in the very best interests of my clients and fellow members of the IASC, and which does not exploit our professional relationships in any way. I will not use the contact details of my fellow IASC members to engage in any unsolicited messaging of individuals not known to me personally.
- I will not share spam, self-promotion, nuisance posts, and irrelevant links within the IASC group.
- I will not claim or indicate any unreasonable or unrealistic outcomes about my services to my clients or potential clients and I will ensure that any advertisements or promotional literature that I use in connection with my professional services will comply with the relevant Advertising Standards Authority, are legal and reflect the truth in every respect. As a member of the IASC, I will never use hard-sell tactics or engage in any behaviour which is intended to manipulate or deceive.
- I will only use the IASC’s Membership Logo and designation letters after my name (as authorised by the Company) while my membership is valid. If my membership expires or is revoked, then I will immediately discontinue all use of the IASC credentials and membership logos.
- As a demonstration of professional respect and courtesy, I will not publicly criticise or undermine the work or opinions of other members of the IASC community, or wider image industry, even if I disagree with their methods.
- I recognise that at all times the needs of my client are paramount and in respect of this, if it becomes apparent that my client is not benefiting from my professional services, I will bring this to their attention.
- As an image professional, I promise to fulfil my ethical and moral obligations to my clients and fellow IASC members, and I will at all times conduct myself in a manner which is both lawful, moral and ethical. I commit to a high standard of professionalism and shall conduct my business with integrity, honesty and transparency.
- I will, at all times, acknowledge and respect all intellectual property rights including copyrights, trademarks and all other work relating to the International Association of Style Coaches™ and I acknowledge and respect that ownership of the Style Coach™ brand lies with Style Coaching Ltd.
- I will never be influenced in my decisions, actions or recommendations by issues of gender, race, creed, colour, age or personal disability. I will treat all my clients, potential clients, and fellow IASC members with dignity and respect in all my methods of communication.
- When taking part in forums and group discussions, I will voice my opinions with courtesy, respect and kindness. I recognise that the IASC is a community for learners as well as experts, and I will endeavour to foster a welcoming and warm environment, free from judgment and criticism. When seeking opinions from the IASC community, I will only engage in friendly communication where all opinions are welcome and of equal value.
- I acknowledge that the IASC is a safe space where no hate speech, degrading comments, or bullying of any kind will be tolerated.
Membership fees do not include a membership certificate as standard. Members may opt to be sent a certificate of their membership for display / verification purposes at an additional charge plus shipping costs. Members can choose for their membership certificate to be sent by standard mail (non-trackable and non-refundable if lost in transit) or by worldwide courier delivery (trackable and guaranteed). Members are responsible for ensuring the correct spelling of all names to be included on their membership certificate. In the case of spelling or address errors made by the member, the Company shall not accept responsibility for issuing a replacement and a new order will need to be placed.
CANCELLATION & REFUNDS POLICY
You may cancel your membership at any time by emailing our support team on firstname.lastname@example.org or by accessing your account area on our website.
Annual memberships offer a discounted rate, therefore if you decide to cancel your membership early you will not be entitled to a refund.
For members making their monthly or annual membership payments through PayPal, it is your responsibility to ensure your recurring payment is cancelled with PayPal directly to save any future payments being taken by PayPal, you can do this with PayPal here.
Please be aware that annual memberships set up on PayPal are automatically renewed on the same date each year. If you wish to cancel your annual membership subscription, you will need to submit a request by email at least 3 working days before your next annual billing date, any cancellation requests made after the billing date will not be eligible for a full refund, you will have access to the membership for another year and your cancellation will take effect the day before your next billing date.
As a member, you will have access to the IASC membership directory (designed to enable potential clients in your region to find your business). You are responsible for deciding what information to feature on your profile, which can be edited from your account area on the IASC website. We recommend including a bio image, your full name, general location, telephone contact number, email address, website address (if you have one), a short biography, and an indication of the range of services you provide. You can either keep your profile private, or tick ‘Publish Profile’ to display this information publicly on: https://stylecoachingassociation.com/find-a-style-coach/ Members from all membership levels can choose to be featured on our website.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The laws of England and Wales govern these terms and conditions. By accessing the website (https://www.stylecoachingassociation.com) and using our services/subscribing to our membership you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all disputes arising out of such access. If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply. Failure of the Company to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as a waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or of any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision. These Terms and Conditions shall not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing and signed by duly authorised representatives of the Company.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Style Coaching Ltd and its licensee and licensors, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to solicitor’s fees), resulting from or arising out of a) your use and access of the Service, by you or any person using your account and password, or b) a breach of these Terms.
In no event shall Style Coaching Ltd, nor its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from (i) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Service; (ii) any conduct or content of any third party on the Service; (iii) any content obtained from the Service; and (iv) unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
Style Coaching Ltd, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that a) the Service will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements.
In the event of general queries, Style Coaching Ltd may be contacted as follows:
i. by e-mail: email@example.com; or
ii. via our website: https://www.stylecoachingassociation.com
Style Coaching Ltd’s privacy notice (which sets out information about how the Company processes Data) is available at: https://www.stylecoachingassociation.com
The International Association of Style Coaches™ is a trading name of Style Coaching Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Company Number: 9381608. Style Coach™, Style Coaching™ and Style Coaching Institute® are trademarks of Style Coaching Limited (proprietor: Tracey Redmond).